Preserving working family farms is one of Agriculture Commissioner Steve Troxler's top priorities. In March 2005, he delivered his "Agricultural Development and Farmland Preservation Strategy" to the General Assembly. During that legislative session, the General Assembly passed House Bill 607 establishing the
Agricultural Development and Farmland Preservation Trust Fund.
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) update as of March 13, 2020:
In accordance with Executive Order No. 116 and directives from Commissioner Troxler, Farmland Preservation Division staff will be telecommuting until further notice. Staff will be on a limited in-office schedule.
Group gatherings, such as workshops, meetings, and conferences, are currently postponed until further notice. All other functions of the Farmland Preservation Division and ADFP Trust Fund remain normal.
Please review the following notes regarding division activities:
- The upcoming Farmland Preservation Workshops are postponed until June. Please click here to register.
- While telecommuting, staff will be accessible via email and call forwarding from office phones.
- Current grantees may continue to submit payment requests and contract documents for approval during this time.
- All current grant applicants will be contacted directly regarding their scheduled grant evaluation. At this time, on-site farm visits will be conducted as scheduled.
- Scheduled and future on-site monitoring farm visits will be conducted as scheduled.
- For questions regarding the Hurricane Florence Agricultural Disaster Program of 2018, please email email@example.com.
Thank you for your understanding, and please review this page for updates as they become available.
Interested in conservation easements and conservation resource assistance for your land?
Click here to find your property and potential programs to meet your conservation goals.
*Notice: Only stamped or metered USPS mail should be mailed to 1001 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-1001.
If sending a package or envelope overnight, next-day, or certified, mail to 2 W. Edenton Street, Raleigh, NC 27601 via FedEx or UPS (U.S. Mail will not deliver to the physical address).