Thank you for your interest in the Farmland Preservation Division and ADFP Trust Fund.
There are many resources available for farmers, producers, and landowners that are interested in preserving their farms and forests for future generations.
- Tool for Environmental, Agricultural and Military reporting: Click here to find your property and potential programs to meet your conservation goals.
- The road to a conservation easement is a multi-year process. Click here to view the 16 Steps to Conservation Easement Acquisition.
- Need some help creating a plan for preserving your farm or forest? Click here to download the Conserving Working Lands Handbook, provided by NC State University and NC Sentinel Landscape Partnership.
- Did you know there are tax incentives tied to conservation easement? Click here to learn about how to use the Conservation Tax Incentive, provided by the Land Trust Alliance.
- Landowners must partner with a conservation nonprofit or county government to apply for conservation easement funding.
Click here to find your local Soil and Water Conservation District.
Click here to find your local Land Trust.
Still have some questions about the ADFP Trust Fund and conservation easements? Click here to view the Landowner FAQ page.
Want to move forward with a farmland preservation project for your land? Click to here to submit a Landowner Inquiry Form, and a staff member will contact you directly about preserving your farm or forest.